Responder
xphere !Commodore Amiga
Le gustan las llamas
Le gustan las llamas
Contactar:

Adaptador de mouse: Tom2 vs Jerry vs Rys MKII

Mensaje por xphere »

Hola a todos!

Estoy buscando un adaptador de mouse para el Amiga y por lo que veo hay 3 posibles opciones: El Tom v2(o Tom+), el Jerry y el Rys MKII.

Busco uno que sea compatible con USB HID (no solo con mouse con protocolo PS2). Creo que de los 3 que os pongo, solo el Tom2 y el Rys MKII lo son.

Tenéis alguna experiencia con estos modelos?

Gracias!!
demoscene ftw!
www.xphere.me
sampedenawa
Siervo de Satán
Siervo de Satán

Re: Adaptador de mouse: Tom2 vs Jerry vs Rys MKII

Mensaje por sampedenawa »

Hello, sorry for the English, but I am Italian and can't write in Spanish so ....

If you need a modern HID adaptor, have a look at my little project here:

https://github.com/EmberHeavyIndustries/HID2AMI

I am getting good reports from users, but any new comment and opinion is appreciated
sampedenawa
Siervo de Satán
Siervo de Satán

If someone could be interested in having a preassembled board, I am launching a production batch of 30 new boards, with reservation here:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?10 ... GA-ADAPTOR

For any info, read comments of users on Amibay, visit mi github, or write me an email

Gracias
Imagen
xphere !Commodore Amiga
Le gustan las llamas
Le gustan las llamas
Contactar:

Mensaje por xphere »

Thanks sampedenawa! Your design looks great and I will order mine! :)

Thanks a lot for your effort!!! :)
demoscene ftw!
www.xphere.me
Quickie
Aspirante a demonio
Aspirante a demonio

Mensaje por Quickie »

Ladies and gentlemen...we have a winner! :D

Thanks for sharing your work sampedenawa!, this looks like the final solution for Amiga/Atari mouse USB conversion.
The bonus of mapping usb controllers makes the difference too :)

And of course, sharing it on github makes this the kind of projects that we all love :)

I checked the post on AmiBay and found a suggestion from a user that asked if it might be possible to fit it on the inner connector of the A1200.
I add to that question if it might be possible to control both mouse and joystick with the same ARM processor and code. Having both wireless mouse and pad on the A1200 without any cable has to be great!
Imagen
sampedenawa
Siervo de Satán
Siervo de Satán

Quickie escribió: 04 Abr 2019, 16:38 Ladies and gentlemen...we have a winner! :D

Thanks for sharing your work sampedenawa!, this looks like the final solution for Amiga/Atari mouse USB conversion.
The bonus of mapping usb controllers makes the difference too :)

And of course, sharing it on github makes this the kind of projects that we all love :)

I checked the post on AmiBay and found a suggestion from a user that asked if it might be possible to fit it on the inner connector of the A1200.
I add to that question if it might be possible to control both mouse and joystick with the same ARM processor and code. Having both wireless mouse and pad on the A1200 without any cable has to be great!
Thank you for your appreciation :)

Your questions:

1) of course it is possible. You could either fit the current pcb, by not mounting the DB9 connector and link the pads on pcb directly to the A1200 mainboard (maybe thorugh a small flat cable) OR one can design a dedicated new pcb, firmware compatible with hid2ami (I released the schematics open source, so anyone can derive his own custom "clone")

2) I don't clearly get what do you mean:
a) you'd like to control both a Mouse and a stick at the same time with only one HID2AMI board
or
b) you'd like to control one WL mouse and one WL pad, each one connected to the A1200 with a dedicated HID2AMi board (so: 2 hid2ami, one for each A1200 port) ?

2a) is: theoretically yes, the STN32F105 has TWO hw usb stacks onboard, but a dedicated low level firmware would need to be written, and a new pcb should be designed
2b) is: YES ! You can connect any peripheral to any HID2AMI board, and it automatically recognizes if it is a mouse or a pad, and configures it for use in no time. You do not have to configure anything !
Quickie
Aspirante a demonio
Aspirante a demonio

Mensaje por Quickie »

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply!
The current design is pretty small and inmho it should fit nice inside without doing much mess, however, as you said, if someone wants to do a clone/fork of your work I'm sure it will be welcome.
Regarding point 2 I refered to the option of using a mouse and a pad with a single ARM device.
As I guessed: theoretically possible but I understand that a huge effort should be necessary.
If that ever could take place I would like to help with testing :)
Imagen
sampedenawa
Siervo de Satán
Siervo de Satán

Just to announce to anyone interested that I have received the 2nd production batch of new HID2AMI boards.

I have still 8 of them available out of 30; if you are interested in one, plese post a requesto on Amibay forum whre I am collectin reservations http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?10 ... ht=hid2ami

Gracias !
Responder

Volver a “Commodore AMIGA”